Dr. OZ Cataract Home Remedies – Cataract : Clouding of the eye lens resulting in decrease in vision is known as cataract. Cataract is the most common cause for blindness. Loss of vision occurs as the lens becomes opacified and hinders the light from passing through it. Formation of cataract occurs mostly in aged people as a yellow-brown pigment is deposited causing disruption of the fibres in the lens and thereby reducing the transmission of light. This condition is notices when lens of he eye loses its transparency resulting in, more or less, complete blockade of vision or blurred vision. The patient is unable to see objects – whether near or distance. This condition denotes emergence of cataract which generally develops from the age of 50 onwards but, in rare cases, may even surface earlier. In diabetic patients onset of cataract is rather much earlier. Appearance of cataract at mature age is a common phenomenon which can be set right by surgical operation. But if the treatment is delayed the patient may loss the vision. The patient sees floating of specs / bright objects seen to be multiplied specially when trying to spot / see bright light at a distance in the dark which condition is a moderate shortsightedness. But can be managed by wearing suitable spects. The patient may be less blind in duck than in the bright light (because only center part of the lens is affected and non-opaque part around the eye age permits the light to reach inner of the eye. According to ayurvedic therapy aggravation of air dries up eye ball to render it opaque. Previous Post About DR OZ Fast Relief for Neck Pain
Definition of cataract / what is cataractDefinition of cataract / what is cataract
Types of cataract – There are four types of cataracts. The age related cataracts develops due to aging. Congenital cataract is the condition in which babies are born with cataracts caused as the result of any infection, poor development or injury during the gestational period. Several other medical conditions like diabetes or exposure to toxic substances give rise to secondary cataracts and traumatic cataracts are those which are caused as the result of any eye injury.
Causes of cataract
Human eye is actually a camera. The rays of light enter the eye, pass through the cornea and pupil and reach the lens. Cataracts are formed when the eye lens become cloudy and thus light is prevented from passing clearly resulting in loss of vision. Cataracts are basically caused due to the accumulation of a yellowish colored pigment in the lens. With growing age the cloudiness of the lens enhances as new cells of the lens are formed on the outer side and the old cells become compact in the center of the lens. Cataracts can also be caused due to other health conditions like diabetes, injury or exposure to certain drugs or toxic substances. Smoking, heavy alcohol consumption and pollution are some other factors which enhance the formation of cataract.
Symptoms of cataract
Cataracts are formed very slowly and the condition can be identified only when it start to cause vision problems. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Cloudy, foggy or blurry vision.
- Changes in the way in which you were used to see colour.
- Having problems while driving at night.
- Problems with the glare of sun during the day.
- Progressive nearsightedness.
- Having double vision.
Home remedies for cataract
Dr. OZ Cataract Home Remedies
The only treatment for cataract is surgery. There are certain home remedies that can help you to prevent the formation of cataract and at the same time help you to overcome the conditions that are accompanied with cataract.
- Take onion juice 10 gm , pure honey 10 gm and bhimseni kapoor ( camphor) 2gm , mix all of these well and store in a glass bottle. Apply this mixture in your both eyes every night is best home remedy for cataract. If bhimseni kapoor is unavailable then onion juice and honey are sufficient.
- In initial stage of cataract, use one drop of pure honey in eye every morning for 4 weeks will give you sure relief. Honey is very beneficial in every kind of cataract especially black cataract. Honey increases transparency of iris and decreases tension of eyes. Honey also increases eye sight and protect from other eye problems. Use one drop of honey twice in a week in both eyes.
- Garlic is a real wonder in the vegetable world. Among its many other beneficial aspects, it is helpful in cleaning the eye lens. You can consume 2 or 3 cloves of garlic every day to keep the lens clean.
- When the opacity of lens is just beginning to develop, give 2 TSP of Mahatriphala Ghrita mixed in a glassful of hot milk twice daily in morning and evening. This is the most specific and effective medicine to be used at the inception stage or onset of cataract.
- Rub chandrodaya vati in honey or breast milk on a pastle and reduce to fine paste form, which should be applied to the eyes 2-3 time daily. It may cause slight irritation but it helps to promote tears and blood circulation and, thus, nourishment to the eye tissues: also wash the eyes with triphala water .
- Avoid bitter, sour, pungent foodstuffs but take spinach, fenugreek, lady’s fingers, drumsticks, pomegranate, banana, carrot juice, apple, orange, grapes etc. in quantity.
- Avoid exposure to sun and heat, emotional and mental stress. Keep Vayu and pitta under control, as they are said to cause and also aggravate the problem. Use cow’s milk, curd, whey, butter in moderate quantity.
- Raw vegetables consist of wide range of nutrients. The vitamin A in raw vegetables is like a potion for eyes
- Spinach is known to reverse the effects of cataract and when you have some spinach in your daily diet, you are sure to get the benefits.
- Milk and almonds are helpful in reducing the irritation and redness caused due to cataract. Just soak some almonds in milk throughout the night. Apply the milk drops on the eyelids to reduce the redness of your eye.
- Papaya is the fruit that contains an enzyme called papain. This particular enzyme is helpful in protein digestion. Excess protein accumulation can cause cataract and if you have papaya in your diet, the accumulation of protein will become less and thus the chances of developing cataract will be reduced.
- Maturity of cataract can be delayed if 400 I.U of vitamin ‘A’ and 300-600 mg of vitamin ‘C’ are taken daily. In addition foods, rich in vitamin B-2, C and A and calcium can also helpful to retard maturity of cataract.
- Soak 4 almonds at night and eat next morning with 4 black pepper and some sugar candy.
- Do palming exercise every day.
Food to avoid in cataract
During cataract treatment you should avoid following foods. Maida, sugar, washed rice, boiled potato, oily and spicy food, tea, coffee, alcohol, pickle etc. Thanks for Reading Dr. OZ Cataract Home Remedies.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…
“Cataract Home Remedies”
“cataract treatment home remedies”
“black cataract home remedies”
“cataract removal home remedies”
“white cataract home remedies”
“home remedies after cataract surgery”
“home remedies for cataract and glaucoma”
“home ayurvedic remedies for cataract”
“cataract home remedy using castor oil”
“home remedies for curing cataract”
“home remedies for cataract in dogs”
“home remedies to dissolve cataract”
“eye cataract home remedies”
“home remedies for early cataract”
“home remedies for cataract”
“home remedies for cataract in hindi”
“ayurvedic home remedies for cataract”
“home remedies for cataract cure”
“natural home remedies for cataract”
“home remedies for white cataract”
“home remedies for black cataract”
“home remedies for post cataract surgery”